We understand that it can sometimes be hard for Freelance Interpreters and communication professionals to apply for an Enhanced DBS check, but at BSL Interpretations we can help you with your application. We use the eBulk system, which allows you to complete your application online, saving time and money.
We are one of the few organisations that are able to offer Enhanced DBS checks to freelance professionals in England and Wales, as we are a member of a larger organisation (Mencap) and as such we are able to access the eBulk system by which DBS checks can now be applied for online.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
Applying is as easy as 1,2,3!
1) Complete the intial enquiry form
2) Complete your online DBS application and pay
3) Provide proof of ID and documents
And we'll take care of the rest....
Keep reading below to find out about the following
What is a DBS check?
A Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check is for people who do certain types of jobs, including working regularly with children, vulnerable people and in healthcare. It checks a person’s details against criminal records and other sources, including the Police National Computer and the Independent Safeguarding Authority to make sure there is nothing to prevent them doing their job.
Types of DBS check
- Standard DBS check: This gives details of all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings from the Police National Computer (PNC).
- Enhanced DBS check: This is the highest level of DBS check. We recommend it for people working with children and/or vulnerable adults. It has the same PNC information as the standard check but also includes a check of police records held locally and information held by the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
- ISA Adult First check: This is an extra check that can be done before the results of the enhanced check. It allows an employer to access a list of people who the police deem unsuitable to work with vulnerable adults.
We offer a tailor-made service and competitive pricing for our DBS checks with Enhanced checks costing just £68.
Contact us using our enquiry form to find out or to start to your application.
Phone: 0151 233 0041
DBS Enquiry Form