Part 1- Level 6 Interpreting
BSL Interpreting Theory Programme
Part 1 - Underpinning Interpreting Theory
Lead Tutor: Stephen Menton
Course Fees £1,295
BSL Interpretations - Interpreting and Training and the Fylde Coast BSL Centre started working together in 2015 to provide this exciting NVQ Level 6 Diploma in BSL-English Interpreting programme, combining the best of both centres in order to provide the best training experience to our candidates.
This course is designed to teach the practical, ethical, theoretical and analytical skills required to become a competent professional interpreter. Candidates will receive training in specific areas of interpreting advanced theory and practice, including self evaluation, professional development and interpreter ethics. Successful completion of this course may lead to candidates being offered a place on the Part 2 - NVQ Evidence collection programme
Our course includes:
- Understanding the role of an interpreter
- Teaching of theoretical and practical skills to refine your interpreting knowledge and skills
- Guidance and support on improving your practical skills including feedback on video evidence.
- Ethics, attitudes & interpreter power
- Models and processes of interpreting and interaction
- Cultural differences and strategies for working between two cultures
- Discourse analysis and professional development strategies
- Strategies for successful interpreting
- Individual Assessor time /Tutorials
- Personalised, individual feedback
This is a taught programme, which includes teaching of both theoretical and practical skills. Candidates will also be encouraged to complete work outside of the classroom which will be used to support them in improving their practical interpreting skills. This course leads to the NVQ 6 Diploma in BSL-English interpreting. Certificates will be issued on completion of the course.
7 Full Days of Teaching / Resources / Feedback on Your Progress/Support
Entry level for this course is Level 6 BSL or equivalent and above.
SEE COURSE DATES BELOW
For entry requirements, further information or an application form please contact Janice Crossland-Jones by SMS on 07816363174 or email email@example.com to apply online below